I am always pleased to receive gifts from other people’s gardens, and this year was quite good for fruit. Eva’s plums and my neighbour’s apples are combined with Swiss chocolate here, for a tasty twist on the traditional seasonal crumble.
Chocolate Plum-and-Apple Crumble
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- 500g (1 lb) plums and apples, sliced (I used about half and half)
- 70g (1/2 cup) wholemeal flour
- 30g (1/3 cup) oats
- 55g (1/2 stick) vegan butter/margarine
- 75g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 50g (almost 2 oz) good quality dark (vegan) chocolate, chopped into small pieces
Put the fruit in a deep pie dish, and press down firmly. Sprinkle chocolate pieces over the top. Mix the flour and oats together and chop in the vegan butter. Rub it in with fingertips, then stir in the sugar. Place over fruit, but do not press it down. Bake for 45 minutes.
Serve with vegan cream/ice cream, and ENJOY!
Link for conversion tables: