A couple of years ago I made some Pulmonaria honey, adding a few other flowers for colour. I did the same the other day using a variety of wild flowers from the garden…
The edible flowers I used included violets, daisies, brunnera, cowslips, pulmonaria, and wild strawberry.
Just make sure they are dry and then fill a sterile jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover right to the brim with a mild clear honey, such as Acacia honey. Leave it on a sunny windowsill for a few weeks and turn frequently. It takes on a slightly spicy flavour, but the main attraction is the appearance.
Serving this up for breakfast really gets the day off to a good start, and I’m thinking of making some wildflower butter too.
Have a sunshiny Sunday!